- This event has passed.
July 15, 2022 @ 6:00 pm – July 16, 2022 @ 7:00 pm
This is not your “usual” track day experience. We put together a full-service, all-inclusive packaged, private track day for fellow supercar enthusiasts, who share similar “gripes”—too many cars; no food options available; no access to convenient accommodations; lack of on-site service offered; etc.
“Grip 716 Track Day” will give you the adrenaline rush you crave, without losing focus on every driver’s safety. This event was exclusively designed for intermediate- and advanced-level drivers only.
WHAT TO EXPECT
Grip’s Private Track Days are all-inclusive:
- Reception and registration (evening before)
- One-night of lodging
- Hot breakfast, coffee, and lunch buffet (at the track)
- Snacks, water, and soft drinks (all day)
- Instructors available throughout the day
- Open track format (all day)
- Track-side sponsors perks
- Indoor bathrooms and showers
- All-corner flaggers, workers, and EMS
- VIP pit area for breaks
- All stickers, decals, and numbers
- On-site media team (all day)
- Access to all photos and videos from the event (download on our website)
Non-driving guests must be registered online to attend the event. They can share lodging with the driver-participant, and they will be able to partake in all the same activities, except for track time. Please add your guest registration at the same time as you complete your driver registration.
FRIDAY, JULY 15
- 4:00pm — Hotel check-in starts (Collect your room keys and get some rest)
- 8:00pm — 9:30pm — Meet and greet at hotel lobby (refreshments & light appetizers included)
- 10:00pm — Get some sleep and get ready for a fun day
Note: Track facility gates will be open and available for those who want to set up their vehicles on the track pit the night before. for set-up and trailer drop-offs only. Please follow the Grip signage and park all trailers and cars in the designated areas. There will be electrical outlets available, if needed. If you are unable to gain access to the lot, please reach out to a Grip team member. Grip Team will be setting up between 6-8pm before meeting everyone at the reception.
310 Technology Drive
Garysburg, NC 27831
Hilton Garden Inn
111 Carolina Crossroads Parkway
Roanoke Rapids, NC 27870
SATURDAY, JULY 16
We will all meet at NCCAR’s indoor facilities on July 16th at 7:00am
When you arrive at the gate, you will need to show your event registration email confirmation for entry (both in-print or digitally on your device will be accepted).
- 7:00am — Tech Inspection Opens
- 7:00am — Hot Breakfast Buffet Open
- 8:00am — Drivers Meeting
- 9:00am — 1:00pm — Track Hot (Open)
- 1:00pm — 2:00pm — Lunch Buffet Open
- 1:00pm — 2:00pm — Guests/Spectators on Track
- 2:00pm — 5:00pm — Track Hot (Open)
- 5:00pm — 6:30pm — Load-up & Roll-out
Notes: Check-out at the hotel is at 10am. Please check out prior to arriving at the track or plan to make other arrangements. **
WHAT TO EXPECT
ABOUT THE FACILITY
NCCAR is only 3 hours from the Metro DC area and only 1 hour south of Richmond, VA
Grip has rented the entire facility, exclusively available to our limited number of attendees. This beautiful 620-acre site houses a two-mile track that has four left corners; seven right corners; and a long straightaway. It was built and designed by Lotus as a testing facility, until it was sold. It is now one of Grip’s favorite technical tracks. For more track details, visit www.nccar.us.
Questions? Please contact our team at email@example.com.
- Drivers under 18 must have a parent or guardian present with them and sign a minor waiver.
- Street cars on street tires
- DOT approved helmet
- No minivans, trucks, or crossovers
- The passenger’s seat must provide the same level of safety protection as the driver
- This means both driver and passenger must have the same type (not model) of seat and belts
- Convertibles must be equipped with either factory installed roll over protection (may be passive documented in the owner’s manual or an aftermarket roll bar that meets or exceeds the standards set in the SCCA Drivers must bring owner’s manual or aftermarket documentation and present it at tech.
- All convertibles/drivers also need to pass the “broomstick test”
- “Style” bars and removable hard tops are not approved for rollover protection
- Retractable hard tops, Targa tops, T-tops, and sunroofs must remain in place while on track
- *If you are unsure about the legality of your convertible, please contact us before registering.
TECH INSPECTION ITEMS
Interior Mirror • Seat Belts • Fire Extinguisher (recommended) • Peal in Good Condition • Brake Pedal FIRM • Emergency Brake Operable • Stop Lights • No Fluid Leakage • No Cracked Glass, No Excessive Rust • Exterior Mirror • Windshield Wipers; Gas Cap Secure • Hood & Deck Lids Secure • Steering Linkage • Suspension & Shocks • Wheel Bearings • Metal/Flexible Brake Lines • Sufficient Brake Pads (3/16″ Min) • Rims in Good Condition • Battery Secure • Electrical Harness • Relays Secure • Fan Belt • Throttle Linkage • Oil & Gas Lines Secure • Brake Fluid Clear, at “MIN,” cap secure • Coolant fresh, at “MIN”, cap secure • Oil Leaks
- Please be aware that you are responsible for transportation to and from the track.
- Drivers must be at least 18 years of age and present a valid driver’s license.
- Drivers or guests under the age of 18 must have a minor waiver signed by their legal parent or guardian.
- Only pre-registered participants will be allowed on-site.
- Bring camping chairs, if possible, Guests can hang-out in the paddock area, away from any traffic, or watch from multiple viewing areas.
- Dress in cool, comfortable clothing and bring a windbreaker or fleece jacket, just in case.
- Long pants, shirt, and shoes are required while on the track.
- Shoes should be flat and thin-soled shoes, such as driving shoes or sneakers. Sandals, high heels or open-toe shoes are not permitted.
- You are responsible for bringing your own helmet. Snell-approved helmets are required and will be a part of the waiver and tech-check. Racing suits are neither required nor provided.
- If you have any specific dietary needs or food allergies, please notify us via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.