- This event has passed.
Grip 4922 @ NCCAR Private Track Day
April 8 @ 6:00 pm – April 9 @ 7:00 pm
Your Grip 4922 Event Registration includes one, non-driving guest. If you are planning on bringing a guest, you must register their name with us by March 29 to account for their food and beverage needs. Please email us at email@example.com.
Breakfast, lunch, and dinner is included at NCCAR’s facilities for all event participants and registered non-driving guests. Water and snacks will be available all day for everyone as well.
FRIDAY, APRIL 8
When you arrive prior to the event, on April 8, the NCCAR facility will be accessible from 6:00pm – 10:00pm for set-up and trailer drop-offs only. Please follow the Grip signage and park all trailers and cars in the designated areas. There will be electrical outlets available, if needed. If you are unable to gain access to the lot, please reach out to a Grip team member at 240.665.3171 and we will assist you. Hotel check-in information and additional logistical details are e-mailed to every confirmed registrant and pre-registered guest.
3:00pm—Check-in at the Hilton Garden Inn begins
6:00pm – 10:00pm—NCCAR gates open
Evening access to NCCAR allows for event participants to drop-off your vehicle(s). You will be granted access to the track’s lot until 12:00 midnight. If your travel plans have you arriving to the area after midnight, trailers are allowed to be parked at the hotel.
8:00pm – 9:30pm—Happy Hour
We will be meeting at the hotel bar for an informal meet and greet.
SATURDAY, APRIL 9
**Check-out at the Hilton Garden Inn is at 10am. Please check out prior to arriving at the track or plan to make other arrangements. **
We will all meet at NCCAR’s indoor facilities on April 9th at 6:00am. The detailed itinerary is below. When you arrive at the gate, you will need to show your event registration email confirmation for entry (both in-print or digitally on your device will be accepted).
All participants and guests will be required to sign all the necessary waivers, for Grip, Inc. and NCCAR, at the gate prior to entry. Once you have signed all legal waivers at the gate, you will be directed to our designated parking and hospitality area to await further instructions.
6:00am – 7:00am—Tech Inspection open upon arrival at NCCAR. Please follow Grip’s on-site signage.
6:00am – 7:30am—Breakfast & Coffee will be available inside NCCAR’s client suites. For your safety, please be sure to eat well and stay hydrated.
8:00am – 8:30am—Driver’s Meeting. This safety meeting will be led by our track day instructors. They will discuss expectations of all participants, Flags meaning, passing, safety protocols, Race line, etc…
9:00am – 1:00pm—Open/Hot Track
1:00pm – 2:00pm—Lunch will be served inside NCCAR’s client suites
2:00pm – 5:00pm—Open/Hot Track
5:00pm – 6:30pm—Dinner will be served inside NCCAR’s client suites.
Mingle with fellow supercar enthusiasts and share the day’s experiences on the track.
6:30 – 7:00pm—Load-up and head out
*Times are subject to change
WHAT TO EXPECT
ABOUT THE FACILITY
NCCAR is only 3 hours from the Metro DC area and only 1 hour south of Richmond, VA
Grip, Inc. has rented the entire facility, exclusively available to our limited number of attendees. This beautiful 620-acre site houses a two-mile track that has four left corners; seven right corners; and a long straightaway. It was built and designed by Lotus as a testing facility, until it was sold. It is now one of Grip’s favorite technical tracks. For more track details, visit www.nccar.us.
Should you have any questions or concerns prior to your private track day, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will see you at the track!
Drivers under 18 must have a parent or guardian present with them and sign a minor waiver.
- Street cars on street tires (see recommended tech list below)
- Snell-approved helmet
- No minivans, trucks, or crossovers
- The passenger’s seat must provide the same level of safety protection as the driver
- This means both driver and passenger must have the same type (not model) of seat and belts
- Convertibles must be equipped with either factory installed roll over protection (may be passive documented in the owner’s manual or an aftermarket roll bar that meets or exceeds the standards set in the SCCA Drivers must bring owner’s manual or aftermarket documentation and present it at tech.
- All convertibles/drivers also need to pass the “broomstick test”
- “Style” bars and removable hard tops are not approved for rollover protection
- Retractable hard tops, Targa tops, T-tops and sunroofs must remain in place while on track
*If you are unsure about the legality of your convertible, please contact us before registering.
TECH INSPECTION ITEMS
Interior Mirror • Seat Belts • Fire Extinguisher (recommended) • Peal in Good Condition • Brake Pedal FIRM • Emergency Brake Operable • Stop Lights • No Fluid Leakage • No Cracked Glass, No Excessive Rust • Exterior Mirror • Windshield Wipers; Gas Cap Secure • Hood & Deck Lids Secure • Steering Linkage • Suspension & Shocks • Wheel Bearings • Metal/Flexible Brake Lines • Sufficient Brake Pads (3/16″ Min) • Rims in Good Condition • Battery Secure • Electrical Harness • Relays Secure • Fan Belt • Throttle Linkage • Oil & Gas Lines Secure • Brake Fluid Clear, at “MIN,” cap secure • Coolant fresh, at “MIN”, cap secure • Oil Leaks
- Please be aware that you are responsible for transportation to and from the track.
- Drivers must be at least 18 years of age and present a valid driver’s license.
- Drivers or guests under the age of 18 must have a minor waiver signed by their legal parent or guardian.
- Only pre-registered participants will be allowed on-site.
- Bring camping chairs, if possible, Guests can hang-out in the paddock area, away from any traffic, or watch from multiple viewing areas.
- Dress in cool, comfortable clothing and bring a windbreaker or fleece jacket, just in case.
- Long pants, shirt, and shoes are required while on the track.
- Shoes should be flat and thin-soled shoes, such as driving shoes or sneakers. Sandals, high heels or open-toe shoes are not permitted.
- You are responsible for bringing your own helmet. Snell-approved helmets are required and will be a part of the waiver and tech-check. Racing suits are neither required nor provided.
- If you have any specific dietary needs or food allergies, please notify us via e-mail at email@example.com.
Grip 4922 Private Track Day
Grip 4922 is an all-inclusive, private track day at NCCAR. Hotel accommodations, catering of meals and snacks, and photography are included.
3 hours from DC
1 hour from Richmond
Intermediate & Advanced
Beltway Tribute Loop for Randy Tillim
Grip is planning an exciting Festival and fundraiser for Drive to Cure at NCCAR. Details are coming soon.
Grip 716 is an all-inclusive, private track day at NCCAR, in partnership with the Capital Auto Club (CAC). Hotel accomodations, catering of meals, and snacks, and photography are included.
July 15 @ 6:00 pm
3 hours from DC
1 hour from Richmond
Intermediate & Advanced
Grip’s Street Rally
We are planning our own, exclusive street rally in the DMV. Details are coming soon.
Grip @ Summit Main Private Track Day
Grip is planning another all-inclusive, private track day at Summit Main. Details are coming soon.